Helping Malaysia stay healthy with Sanitization & Disinfection Services
Malaysia Lockdown Compliance for Approved Essential Businesses
Published on 20 Mar 2020
Anticimex is ready to play our part in helping Malaysia stay healthy by providing our Sanitization & Disinfection Services at your workplace, so you can focus your attention for operating your business. According to Media Statement of Malaysian National Security Council aka MKN, a few requirements MUST complying by companies approved for operating.
Companies approved for operating MUST complying with the following requirements:
- The company must reduce the number of employees to a minimum level or at least 50% of current or registered amount during the period of the Movement Control Order (CPP). The company must create a working system from home for those employees not physically involved in critical manufacturing production.
- The Company is required to meet the demand and product or service product requirements completely only for domestic/local market.
- The Company must submit to MITI a list of workers involved during the CPP period and ensuring the movement of workers involved is limited from home to factory / premises.
- Companies must provide body temperature filters, and take daily body temperature readings at the factory / premises entrance. Readings per employee should be recorded and kept for reference.
- If the body temperature reading is above normal level, the Company must contact the nearest Health Office or Government hospital.
- All employees must comply with the precautionary procedures issued, from time to time, by MOH for the prevention of COVID-19.
- The Company must provide hand sanitizers at the building/factory entrances, and any other related entrances within the premises, as well as ensuring the use of face mask by every employee.
- The Company must carry out disinfection sanitation process in the factory / premises before each shift or before the production operation commence.
- The sanitation and cleaning process should be carried out three (3) times a day especially in common spaces such as lobbies, elevators, cafeterias, meeting rooms, prayer rooms, bus/staff transportation and indoor recreation centre.
- The Company must ensure that the employee's vehicle has undergone sanitation and disinfection process each time before use.
- The Company must establish the best social distancing guidelines especially in areas of facility production (production floor); cafeteria; meeting rooms; multipurpose hall.
- If there is an employee infected with COVID-19, the Company is completely responsible for all medical expenses incurred, the process of decontamination at premise, and other related costs.
- The Government wants to emphasize that this approval can be cancelled and revoked, in the event of any non-compliance by the company/industry to strictly follow all terms set.
- The Government reserves the right to amend the above conditions subject to the current situation.
The above information is extracted from the MEDIA STATEMENT UNDER MALAYSIAN NATIONAL SECURITY COUNCIL, PRIME MINISTER’S OFFICE, 18 MARCH 2020 FOR APPROVAL TO MANUFACTURING INDUSTRY (ESSENTIAL SUPPLIES). Source of Media Statement of MKN, 18 Mar 2020: https://www.pmo.gov.my/2020/03/kenyataan-media-mkn-syarikat-syarikat-yang-diluluskan-beroperasi/ (https://www.pmo.gov.my/2020/03/kenyataan-media-mkn-syarikat-syarikat-yang-diluluskan-beroperasi/)